The Illinois Legislative Diabetes Caucus will promote sound diabetes policy development including the:
- Education of colleagues on key issues from the perspective of consumers, families, and caregivers;
- Establishment of a forum through which political strategies to advance diabetes-related issues will be developed;
- Development of local district-centric awareness activities;
- Evaluation of legislative and public policy changes for the advancement of diabetes education, prevention and treatment;
- Education regarding the differences between type I and type II diabetes and the dissemination of information regarding such differences; and,
- Creation of a forum for dialogue, learning and communication with varied stakeholders.