Professor of Surgery
Dr. Becker is a seasoned surgeon specializing in kidney and pancreas transplantation, dialysis access surgery, and living-donor procedures. She is also a well known physician scientist, recognized for her clinical research on reducing transplant rejection rates and her basic research in immunology. She has authored more than 100 scientific articles and abstracts in publications such as the American Journal of Transplantation, Transplantation, and Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation.
As a recognized leader in the field of transplantation, Dr. Becker is a featured speaker at medical conferences across the globe. She serves on the boards of directors for the American Society of Transplantation and the United Network for Organ Sharing.
- Reducing transplant rejection rates
- Basic immunology
- Kidney and pancreas transplant
- Dialysis access surgery
- Living-donor procedures
- MD, Johns Hopkins University
- Internship and Residency, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Fellowships: University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics; Association for Surgical Education