Assistant Professor of Medicine
Dr. Sam is an adult endocrinologist who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). She also has a clinical interest in other reproductive disorders leading to menstrual irregularity in women, type 2 diabetes and related metabolic disorders. She is also a teacher and mentor to medical students, residents and endocrinology fellows.
She has received prestigious research grants and has published her findings in a number of scientific journals, including Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Diabetes, Diabetes Care, and the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism.
She serves as a manuscript reviewer for scientific journals such as Clinical Endocrinology, Obesity and Fertility and Sterility and is on the editorial board for the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism.
- Metabolic abnormalities associated with PCOS, including high risk for development of type 2 diabetes, lipid disorders and obesity
- Inflammation and other fat tissue abnormalities’ influence on development of insulin resistance in PCOS
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Reproductive disorders
- Type 2 diabetes
- Thyroid disorders
- MD, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Internship, Residency, and Fellowship: Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine