Dr. Cohen is a skilled endocrinologist whose research explores the relationship between diabetes and adipocyte — a complex endocrine cell that regulates feeding behavior and insulin sensitivity. Through his research findings, Dr. Cohen is working to develop novel therapies for the treatment of obesity and type 2 diabetes.
Dr. Cohen has authored several book chapters on the medical management of endocrine disorders, and frequently is invited to present his work at local and national conferences. A dedicated educator and mentor, Dr. Cohen is the co-director of the University of Chicago’s
Endocrinology Research Seminar Series.
- Thyroid disease diagnosis and management, particularly thyroid cancer
- Diabetes, obesity and metabolic disorders
- AB, Harvard College
- MD, Cornell University Medical College
- Internship in Medicine, Beth Israel Hospital
- Resident in Medicine, Beth Israel Hospital
- Fellow in Endocrinology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Honors and awards:
University of Chicago Quantrell Award for Excellence in undergraduate education