11 Nov Jim Tyree Diabetes Education Library
The Jim Tyree Diabetes Education Library, located on the 5th floor Endocrinology Clinic at DCAM, is designed to provide our patients with any additional resources they need beyond the clinic. Although designed with Kovler Diabetes Center patients in mind, the library is open to all University of Chicago Medicine patients. Physicians and staff are also welcome.
- A state-of-the-art touchscreen monitor allows visitors to explore the wide range of resources available through the Kovler website
- Computer station with access to websites and Certified Diabetes Educator approved tutorials
- Printer access for patients who may not have internet access at home, so they may print out any relevant materials to take with them
- Large plasma screen in the space can display educational videos, teleconference with professionals, or be used as an aid for diabetes education classes
- Plasma screens in diabetes education rooms can display lab results, show patient tutorials, and more
- On-site resource team member available to direct patients to resources tailored to their needs
- Extensive collection of booklets, heath guides, and cookbooks on a wide variety of topics including carb-counting, foot care, and diabetes-friendly vegetarian cooking
- A selection of diabetes books and activities for kids
- Constructive activities to engage patients both before and after appointments
- Opportunity to obtain valuable information for research and improvement measures
Hours of Operation
The library is staffed by our friendly Resource Team during the following times in the month of November:
Monday 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Tuesday 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Wednesday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Thursday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Plans to expand the hours after November are under way.
For questions or for more information about the library’s expanded hours, please check back at KovlerDiabetesCenter.org or call (773) 702-2371.