Building on a long history of caring for children with diabetes, Kovler has teamed with the University of Chicago Medicine Comer Children’s Hospital to create a structured pediatric diabetes program, Kovler for Kids, that is one of only a few of its kind in the country.
Kovler for Kids provides diabetes care, education and support to patients from birth to 12 years of age, helping them manage their diabetes so they are better able to live life to the fullest.
A convenience for children and families is Kovler’s ability to provide all of their diabetes-related care in one center. Our team of pediatric endocrinologists, psychologists, therapists, and certified diabetes educators work with each young patient’s parents, siblings and families to help them understand the disease as well as the child’s specific needs.
Kovler for Kids offers:
- Certified diabetes educators who are specially trained to work with children, using age-appropriate language and concepts
- Psychologists who support children and families, at no extra cost
- Special educational events for children and families
- A special list of resources and educational tools
- Sibling education initiatives
- Innovative approaches to ongoing education through play and technology
- An opportunity for patients to “graduate” to Kovler’s InTransit program for teens and young adults
Pediatric Clinical Research Studies
Clinical research to advance the understanding, treatment, diagnosis and prevention of diabetes is a significant part of our work at Kovler, and we continually seek participants for our clinical research studies (clinical trials).
If you would like to contribute to the future of diabetes care, to improving the quality of life for diabetes patients, and to the effort to find a cure for this disease, please consider participating in a Kovler clinical trial. You can find our current studies here, along with specific instructions for getting involved.
Meet the Kovler Team