Assistant Director of Child and Adolescent Consultation/Liaison Service
Dr. Drossos directs the Kovler Diabetes Center’s Health and Wellness Program, which provides multidisciplinary psychosocial assessment and intervention for diabetes patients and their families. The program is designed to help improve adherence with diabetes management, improve overall quality of life and reduce mental health concerns in patients with diabetes.
Dr. Drossos also provides comprehensive psychological assessments, psychotherapy and supportive services for patients hospitalized in the Comer Children’s Hospital and for patients presenting to a variety of University of Chicago Medicine subspecialty clinics. She also provides psychological therapy services as part of the general outpatient child psychology program, assisting patients with coping or adjusting to a chronic health condition, pain management, mood and anxiety disorders, and behavior disorders.
- Psychosocial stressors affecting medical non-adherence in children/adolescents with chronic medical problems
- Quality of life in pediatric chronic illness
- Coping and adjusting to a chronic medical illness for children/adolescents
- Medical non-adherence in the pediatric population
- Child and adolescent mood disorders
- Externalizing disorders
- PhD, Illinois Institute of Technology; Institute of Psychology
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Children’s Memorial Hospital
- Psychology Intern, Children’s Hospitals and Clinics
- MS, lllinois Institute of Technology; Institute of Psychology
- BS, Loyola University