Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine
Dr. Yu is a specialist in pediatric and adult endocrinology. Her research background includes studies in the role of copressors and PPARgamma in adipogenesis and clinical research in puberty. She has presented research projects nationwide and also is a widely experienced teacher and lecturer. Dr. Yu was also a member of the physician staff, and a former attending physician, at the American Diabetes Association Triangle D camp for children with diabetes.
- Pediatric endocrinology
- Adult endocrinology
- Diabetes in pregnancy
- Endocrine complications in children and young adults related to prior cancer therapy
- Hormone Research in Paediatrics
- Journal of Biological Chemistry
- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
- MD, University of Michigan
- Internship and Residency, University of Chicago Medical Center; MacNeal Hospital (chief residency)
- Fellowship, University of Chicago Medical Center
Honors and awards:
- Endocrine Society Presidential Poster Prize, 2009 Endocrine Society meeting in Washington, D.C.
- National Research Service Award